Serious Car Accidents: When Is the Time to Call a Lawyer?
Car accidents can be scary events, and you may be left injured and unable to return to life as you knew it. After a serious car accident, you will need to deal with insurance companies to receive the compensation you deserve for your injuries. You don’t need to face insurance companies alone, however. An experienced car accident attorney can help you fight for compensation and will guide you through every step of the process. Learn when you should contact a lawyer after your accident.
When to Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident
Your lawyer will ensure that no stone is left unturned when it comes to getting the compensation you deserve. You should always get in touch with an attorney after your accident to help you, but there are different situations that can make it far more imperative to contact a lawyer.
Speak to an Attorney Immediately:
- A serious injury has occurred or the injury is likely to become permanent.
- The accident resulted in a death.
- The fault of the accident is contested.
- Other parties were involved, including pedestrians.
- The accident occurred in a construction zone.
- The police report of your accident is inaccurate and places you at fault.
- Important technical, legal, or medical issues are involved in your case.
- Your liability coverage limits are low.
- You have no insurance, or your company alleges that your premiums haven’t been paid.
- Your insurer begins to “act funny.”
- Your insurance company involves their own lawyer.
Contact an Attorney During Your Claim:
- You are unsure of the settlement value of your claim.
- You are unsure if there are other insurance policies that may provide coverage.
- Fault may be a contested issue.
- You suspect your insurance company is not looking after your best interests.
- You need advice to handle negotiations with your insurance company.
- You are confused about your policy and what is covered.
- The need an expert to review complex paperwork or forms.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, don’t hesitate to seek help with your claim. Our Houston auto accident lawyers are ready to guide you through your claim and help you get the compensation you deserve—even if it means going to court. At Fibich, Leebron, Copeland, & Briggs, we are backed by more than a century of collective legal experience that we can put to work for you.
Contact our firm to speak with a member of our team. Call (713) 489-6566 today.