A Hero for Women & Children
“For too long, women and children have been used as guinea pigs for pharmaceutical and product companies. It’s not right, it’s not safe, and I for one, won’t stand for it anymore.” – Erin Copeland
$1.6 Billion Essure® Settlement
A 1997 cum laude graduate of the University of Houston, Mrs. Copeland obtained her Juris Doctor from South Texas College of Law in 2000. That same year, the State Bar of Texas admitted her to practice, and the Missouri Bar admitted her in 2010. She is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of Texas as well as before the U.S. Supreme Court. Through pro hac vice admission, she also serves clients in several state and federal courts across the nation.
- South Texas College of Law, J.D. – 2000
- University of Houston, B.A. – 1997
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Southern District of Texas
- Eastern District of Texas
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Missouri
- Texas Women Rainmakers
- American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Board of Governors
- National Finance Committee
- Section and Litigation Group Coordination Committee
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association
- Association of Women Attorneys
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts
- Super Lawyers, 2015 – 2020
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2005 – 2006, 2013
Active in a number of local, state and national bar associations, she is one of the original steering committee members of the Texas Women Rainmakers, an organization devoted to empowering and supporting women in the legal profession. She was also unanimously elected to serve on the American Association of Justice’s Board of Governors.
Recognized as a leader in her field, Erin routinely conducts lectures throughout the United States on a variety of legal topics related to personal injury and tort law.
Mrs. Copeland lives in Houston, Texas but splits time in Colorado with her husband and son, who is a competitive snowboarder.
Follow Erin on Social Media
“I knew after sitting down with Erin Copeland that I made the right choice. She is an incredible attorney with a true passion for her job.“