Houston Car Accident Attorney
We Have Recovered Billions for Our Clients in Texas
Car accidents can be traumatic and financially devastating. State-by-state, there are laws that help protect people who were negligently injured in accidents. In some cases, accidents are caused by drunk drivers, distracted driving, or otherwise negligent drivers. Our Houston car accident lawyers represent auto accident victims who have suffered sustained injuries, such as neck, back, spinal, head, brain injuries, and others.
What You Can Expect from Us
What Sets Our Experienced Car Accident Attorneys Apart?
- We offer free, no-obligation consultations
- We work on contingency – no recovery, no fee
- We have more than 100+ years of experience
- We have been recognized by Super Lawyers®
Fibich, Leebron, Copeland & Briggs can assist with your car accident case. We will help you understand your rights and help secure the compensation you deserve. Call (713) 614-0780
The Insurance Company Is Not On Your Side
From the moment of the accident, the other driver’s insurance company begins fighting against paying your legitimate claims. Their insurance adjuster may try to place the blame on you, the victim, to minimize the extent of your injuries and delay payment. We can combat these unlawful attempts and work to secure a favorable outcome on your behalf.
If your insurance company says that the at-fault driver’s insurance company cannot cover damages or cannot cover enough, or if your own insurance policy cannot provide sufficient coverage, you should contact a car accident attorney to discuss whether or not you should file a personal injury claim.
Do I Really Need to Hire an Attorney for a Car Accident?
Hiring an experienced legal advocate who understands the ins-and-outs of car accident claims can be a tremendous benefit. We fight for your rights. This can make a significant difference in how much, and how soon, you receive financial compensation.
If you’ve been hurt in a car accident, our firm may be able to help you recover compensation for the following:
- Medical expenses for treating injuries and ongoing recovery
- Lost earnings from being unable to return to work
- Noneconomic damages, such as pain and suffering
Additionally, if you have suffered the loss of a loved one in a car crash, you may bring a wrongful death lawsuit to fight for compensation on behalf of the deceased. While no amount of money can ever make such a tragic situation right, it can provide needed financial resources for things like funeral costs, burial expenses, and more.
Our Attorneys & Staff are Hand-Chosen for Their Empathy & Expertise
Our Approach with Our Clients
With decades of experience, our team of Houston car accident attorneys provides clients with effective representation when they need it most. Our commitment to our clients includes going above and beyond to protect their best interests, from the beginning of their case until the very end. Clients and insurance industry professionals recognize Fibich, Leebron, Copeland & Briggs by our experience, commitment to excellence, and focus on meeting the needs of our injured clients.
Statute of Limitations for Car Accident Claims in Texas
Like any sort of personal injury claim, car accident lawsuits in Texas are subject to a “statute of limitations,” which places a hard deadline on how long you have to take legal action. In Texas, you have two years from the date of your accident to file a claim against the at-fault driver. This applies to claims filed by drivers, passengers, pedestrians, motorcyclists, and bicyclists. This same deadline also applies to property damage claims.
Filing a lawsuit after the statute of limitations has expired will almost certainly result in the court refusing to hear your claim, thereby permanently preventing you from recovering compensation.
It is important to remember that insurance claims have a much different timeline; most insurance policies require you to report a collision to your insurer within a few days or weeks of the crash. It is important to consult with a Houston car accident attorney right away after a crash to ensure you comply with all deadlines that may apply to your case.
What to Do After a Car Accident
- Exchange information with the other driver, including your name, contact info, and insurance information.
- Take photos of the scene, including crash damage and injuries. This can help serve as evidence later on.
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible. Make sure to keep all of your medical records related to treatment resulting from the accident.
- Call your insurance company and provide details about the accident. Your agent should tell you what kinds of damages you can recover.
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in Houston?
It is impossible to know ahead of time how much compensation you will recover, as every car accident claim is different. The amount of driver insurance coverage and/or settlement money you will receive depends largely on the insurance company and the negotiations your auto accident lawyer makes.
With that being said, the value of your claim will be heavily influenced by the following factors:
- The type and severity of your injuries
- The costs of your reasonable and necessary medical expenses
- The amount of time you are unable to work
- Your level of insurance coverage
- The other driver’s insurance coverage
- The strength of the evidence in your favor
- The strength of your legal counsel
The Car Accident Claim Process
Seeking compensation after a car accident on your own can be a complicated and lengthy ordeal involving paperwork, investigations, and several rounds of negotiations with insurance companies. Having a Houston car accident attorney by your side can help you to avoid any costly mistakes and ensure your best interests are protected throughout the duration of your claim.
Filing a car accident claim typically involves the following steps:
- Keep records about all injuries, property damage, medical bills, lost income and other losses.
- Wait for the insurance companies to perform their own investigation.
- Do NOT speak with the other driver’s insurance company unless your lawyer is assisting or advising you. The other driver’s insurance company may call you to ask questions, but you are under no obligation to discuss with them. Doing so can be risky.
- Once the investigation is complete, the insurance company may offer you a settlement. Be careful not to accept a settlement from your insurance company before you are confident that it is a fair recovery for your damages. If you do not think the offered amount is fair, you may submit a counter offer with additional evidence. If the insurance company denies your claim, you may be able to file an appeal.
- Further negotiations will ensue, potentially multiple back-and-forth rounds. If you reach an agreement, you may accept their offer in exchange for waiving your right to seek further legal action.
- If you still cannot reach an agreement, you may file a lawsuit against the insurer in pursuit of additional compensation. A skilled injury lawyer can help you navigate a personal injury claim.
You Don’t Pay Unless We Win Your Case – Request A Free Case Evaluation Today!
Our Houston car accident lawyers work on a contingency fee basis, which means you don’t owe us any fees unless you are financially compensated for your injuries. We will cover the upfront costs of investigating, preparing, and settling your case, even taking your personal injury claim to trial if necessary. If you do not receive money damages in a settlement or jury verdict, you will not pay attorney’s fees. Learn more when you get in touch with Fibich, Leebron, Copeland & Briggs today.
At Fibich, Leebron, Copeland & Briggs our board-certified trial lawyers are here to pursue maximum compensation for car accident victims. Call (713) 614-0780.
We Will Give You a Voice
We handle complex cases across the nation. Get our nationally recognized trial lawyers on your side today.