Houston Construction Accident Lawyers
Hundreds of Millions of Dollars Recovered for Our Clients
Construction accidents often result in extensive physical and financial damage to the lives of victims and their families. When a construction worker has suffered catastrophic injuries, or family members are left struggling because their loved one was killed on the job, they need an attorney who will be dedicated to protecting their rights and best interests.
At Fibich, Leebron, Copeland & Briggs, we are your legal advocates and can help you recover the compensation you deserve from the person or company responsible for your accident. With more than a century of combined legal experience and a track record that includes hundreds of millions of dollars in recoveries, we can help you and your family fight for the level of compensation you deserve.
Compensation you may be able to recover includes:
- Past and future medical bills
- Rehabilitation expenses
- Lost wages
- Lost future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
If you’ve been seriously injured in a construction accident, contact our legal team today at (713) 999-3681 to arrange your free, no-obligation consultation.
How to Protect Your Rights After a Workplace Accident
Construction accident cases involve navigating a complicated web of relationships between property owners, contractors, subcontractors, and various insurance carriers, all of whom are looking to avoid liability for an employee death or injury. Victims and families can be tricked into believing these supposedly sympathetic companies will "take good care of them." However, once the applicable statute of limitations expires, the company will most likely withdraw financial support and the victim will be left with far less than they would have received had they chosen to pursue legal action.
Because there is a complex web of individuals and companies trying to dodge responsibility for your injuries and the compensation you’re rightfully entitled to, you’ll need a strong legal advocate on your side who has comprehensive legal knowledge of the construction industry and construction operations.
Seek Additional Damages Through a Third Party Claim
Please note that, while you do have the option to seek workers' compensation from your employer for serious workplace injuries, you may also be entitled to further damages through a third party claim against another company whose negligence or defective products contributed to your injury or loss.
The following are examples of scenarios where third party claims may apply:
- Elevator inspection and maintenance companies: If the company fails to properly inspect an elevator and the construction worker injures him- or herself when the elevator drops 100 feet due to worn gears, a third party claim may apply.
- Equipment rental companies: If a valve on a rented, portable generator explodes and an electrician suffers facial fractures, s/he may be able to sue the third party.
- Scaffolding company or property owner: A welder fractures his or her hip from falling from a scaffold at a municipally-owned job site.
- Other construction workers: If an electrician breaks their kneecap while tripping over a toolbox improperly placed in a walking path, the injured person may be able to sue the other worker.
- Equipment manufacturers: You might be able to file a claim if you were involved in a construction accident caused by defective equipment.
Put 100+ Years of Combined Experience on Your Side
Our Houston construction accident lawyers at Fibich, Leebron, Copeland & Briggs have been working tirelessly on behalf of clients since 1992. If you or your family member was involved in a serious workplace accident, it’s time to contact our firm. We can help you explore your options and determine the best course of action during a free and confidential consultation.
Don't wait to get help! Call our office today at (713) 999-3681 to get started with a free, no-obligation consultation.