Houston Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Serving the Injured Throughout South Texas: (713) 999-3681
Motorcycles are less stable and less visible than cars. Coupled with high-performance ability and the fact that that motorcyclists lack the protection offered by an enclosed vehicle, motorcycles are 35 times more likely to be involved in a fatal accident than passenger vehicles.
According to data gathered by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), nearly 4,400 people were killed in motorcycle accidents in 2013, and thousands more were injured. In fact, as much as 11 percent of all accidents in the United States involve a motorcycle.
Those who have been involved in motorcycle accidents know how devastating they can be. In addition to the physical pain of an injury, it can be overwhelming to also have to worry about mounting medical bills, lost wages, and legal concerns. Those who have suffered the wrongful death of a loved one have an equally troubling set of concerns to deal with.
In situations like these, it is crucial to have someone you can trust in your corner advocating for you. With the help of a Houston personal injury attorney from Fibich, Leebron, Copeland & Briggs, you can rest assured that our firm’s experience and uncompromising drive for results can help you get your life back as smoothly and quickly as possible.
Have you been injured in a motorcycle accident? Let us fight for you! Call (713) 999-3681 for your free consultation.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Left-turn collisions. Forty-two percent of all accidents involving a motorcycle and another vehicle are caused by a failed left turn.
- Speeding. Driving at unsafe speeds increases the risk of a serious accident, especially for motorcyclists who lack the protection of an enclosed vehicle.
- Driving under the influence. Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs can make drivers unaware of their surroundings, including others on the road.
- Distracted driving. A motorcycle accident could easily occur if, for example, a driver is not paying attention to the road and drifts into the motorcyclist’s lane without warning.
- Roadway hazards and debris. Motorcyclists are especially vulnerable to debris, uneven pavement, potholes, or loose objects on the road. Driving into or over hazards such as these can cause motorcycles to lose their balance and can possibly be fatal.
Call Today to Speak With a Trusted Texas Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Determining liability in motorcycle accidents can be complex, so it is in your best interests to work with a Houston personal injury lawyer who can fully investigate your case. Because our team is well versed in the nuances of Texas law, we can make sure that no stone is left unturned in our pursuit of justice on your behalf. Our goal is to help you obtain the maximum amount of compensation to which you are entitled to cover your medical expenses, future medical care, lost wages, lost earning capacity, and more. Whether your accident was caused by the negligence of another driver or another party, our team stands ready to assist you in any way we can.
Fibich, Leebron, Copeland & Briggs offers free consultations. To schedule yours, please contact our office at (713) 999-3681.
We proudly represent clients in Houston, Galveston, South Texas, and Louisiana.