Houston Premises Liability Attorney
Put 100+ Years of Combined Experience in Your Corner
Premises liability is an area of law that deals with injuries on public, commercial or municipal property. Many slip and fall accidents are in this category, but premises liability can also include criminal attacks caused by inadequate security. If you or someone you love sustained a serious or catastrophic injury because a commercial or municipal entity failed to maintain a premises, the lawyers at Fibich, Leebron, Copeland & Briggs are here to help.
Call our office now at (713) 999-3681 to schedule your free, no-obligation case review.
How to Know if You Have a Claim
Only a qualified Houston premises liability lawyer can determine if your accident merits a case. Like any personal injury lawsuit, premises liability cases depend on three factors:
- Duty of Care – Did the property owner carry any responsibility to keep you safe? Storeowners, for example, owe duty of care to customers. By keeping floors clean and walkways in good repair, store owners can protect shoppers from unwanted harm. The same principle applies to any business or commercial entity.
- Breach of Duty (Negligence) – A property owner breaches their duty of care when they violate the visitor’s reasonable expectation of safety. Parking garage customers, for instance, expect a well-lit, safe premise. If the garage fails to provide security and an accident occurs, the visitor may have grounds for a suit.
- Causation – Accidents alone don’t always merit claims and lawsuits; you must prove that the property owner’s negligent behavior or lack of action to protect you from harm caused your damages. With the help of an experienced law firm, you can prove that the property owner was responsible for your accident.
Common Types of Premises Liability Claims
Premises liability is a broad area of law. It can include injuries in grocery stores, retailer stores, apartment complexes, parking garages, amusement parks, parking lots, shopping centers, commercial buildings, and more.
- Some of the most common damages linked to premises liability are:
- Falls (Stairways or dangerous walkways)
- Back / Spinal Cord Injuries
- Poisonous Spider Bites
- Dog Bites
- Asbestos Poisoning
- Criminal Assault
- Drowning / Pool Injuries
Now is the Time to Seek Justice for Your Injuries
Texas law provides a narrow window of opportunity for accident victims to seek compensation for their injuries. This is especially true if you want to pursue compensation from a municipality, such as a city. Working with the right Houston premises liability lawyer not only helps you understand your rights but gives you a greater chance of securing the compensation you need and deserve.
Don't wait to get started today! Contact Fibich, Leebron, Copeland & Briggs to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation now to see how we can help you fight for the justice you need and deserve.